ONE-DAY CONFERNCE ON "MARBLE AND DRESSED STONE: ASSESSMENT AND OUTLOOK"
Stone culture and its use in building structures is only a memory for the vast majority of the population. Yet, we are all aware of the quality, durability and aesthetics that are certainly the convincing assets of natural stone, a stone that is totally in keeping with the current quest for authenticity and the ongoing debate about environment and sustainable development.
The day addressed the following areas:
- The advantages of stone as a building material;
- Actions to be taken to give new life to stone in our buildings;
- National production of marble and stone: processes, marketing, import and export;
- Restoration of built heritage;
- Legislation on marble and stone