SCIENTIFIC DAY UNDER THE THEME "TRADITIONAL CARPETS: VALUES, HISTORY AND RESTORATION"
This day aimed to unravel the mysteries hidden behind the threads of Moroccan and world traditional carpets, to understand the scientific and technical principles guiding the choice of the raw material as well as the various stages of treatment of the carpet and to take cognizance of the difficulties of the trade so as to open up new perspectives for players in this sector and to allow the carpet to find its place in the craft industry.
The following areas were discussed:
- History and meaning of decorative patterns,
- Cultural value of the carpet in Morocco,
- Carpet restoration processes,
- Wool dyeing,
- Labelling and quality control of the carpet,
- Potential markets for the Moroccan carpet,
- Difficulties and prospects of the carpet sector in Morocco.